Director of National Account Sales
This position is responsible for leading new business selling efforts to win new national account clients and expand relationships with existing large, multi-location customers. This person will win new clients and achieve strategic growth goals by creating effective deal strategies, building relationships, marshaling appropriate resources, and closing major deals reporting to the Sales Manager
Responsibilities AND DUTIES:
- Passion for winning – winning new business is the performance metric that really matters.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, yearly revenue targets.
- Build the trust and confidence to key customers as an invaluable business partner and problem solver.
- Proven ability to close deals and manage complex relationships in bringing in new national accounts and managing multi-year sourcing decisions.
- Driven by high compensation in a performance / reward bonus structure.
- Motivated by selling value versus price, excellent solution selling skills.
- Demonstrate confidence and accountability for growing new relationships and delivering revenue targets.
- Show strong negotiation and influence management skills. Strong customer service orientation.
- Market Planning – identify the best market opportunities and help shape the go-to-market strategy to maximize new business results.
- Conceive and execute effective deal strategies and manage complex, long sales cycle opportunities and build relationships that lead to successfully winning the business.
- Proven ability to penetrate customers at multiple levels and influence their complex decision-making processes.
- Develop a strategic account plan to acquire extensive knowledge of key customers’ business and challenges.
INTERACTIONS WITH OTHERS
- Work with other functions to bring multiple resources to complex selling situations.
- The candidate must be driven to develop, new business relationships and strengthen current customer relationships, at high levels within the assigned account portfolio.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Patience and determination: stay motivated and in action on very long cycle sales opportunities.
- Enthusiasm: stay positive and be a port in the storm during the most difficult situations.
- Versatility: function skillfully across a wide variety of issues and people.
- Personality: build relationships with key decision influencers across prospective clients and with key resources within the company
Qualifications and Skills
- Achievement Focus: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Business Acumen: Aligns work with strategic goals. Conducts cost-benefit analyses. Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Displays orientation to profitability. Understands business implications of decisions.
- Consultative Selling: Qualifies potential customers. Builds rapport and establishes trust. Asks questions to discover client business needs. Applies product and market knowledge effectively. Presents solutions that meet customer objectives. Manages and documents sales process.
- Managing Customer Focus: Develops new approaches to meeting customer needs. Establishes customer service standards. Monitors customer satisfaction. Promotes customer focus. Provides training in customer service delivery. Able to pursue multiple customers at once, high organization and prioritization skills.
- Strategic Thinking: Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Analyzes market and competition. Exhibit a thorough knowledge of key account history, culture, identity and goals. Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals. Identifies external threats and opportunities.
- Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: Five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Communication Ability: Read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Respond effectively to sensitive inquiries. Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, superb written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Mechanical Aptitude:Translate customers technical and mechanical needs to internal engineering team and articulate engineering team’s solutions to customers.
- Reasoning Ability: Apply logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Deal with nonverbal symbolism (e.g., formulas and equations) in difficult phases. Deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. ACT (Customer Relationship Management) a plus.
Travel Requirements: This position will travel as required, but may involve heavy travel (up to 50%).
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME
Sackett Systems offers a growing environment, competitive wages and excellent benefits including 401K. Email your resume and cover letter to: Careers@sackettsystems.com