Sackett Systems is a global provider of battery exchange equipment, steel fabrication and customization equipment. Sackett Systems prides itself in non-stop durability, reliability and safety that are built-in to every forklift battery exchange system we design and manufacture. We’ve been doing it for over 120 years, and the result is equipment that outlasts the competition and gives you more uptime, longer lifecycles and a lower cost of ownership.
This is a paid Summer Engineering Internship Program. As an intern with Sackett Systems, you’ll work with our existing engineering team to provided project and new product development support. You will be responsible for supportive CAD work and daily engineering tasks. Hours are flexible to accommodate class schedules and some hours can be remote rather in the office.
Your job responsibilities and projects will be based upon your experience and educational background to provide real life application of your classroom knowledge. You will work closely with a mentor to ensure your developmental goals are met and that you meet your performance expections. This opportunity includes team building, practical engineering projects and problem-solving solutions for our customers. This is an exciting opportunity to learn ‘real world’ experience and accelerate your career by working with a leader in the battery exchange industry. No relocation or housing assistance is being offered.
- Upcoming 3rd or 4th year undergraduate student at an accredited university, pursuing a degree in mechanical, industrial, or manufacturing engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Desire to learn and continually develop.
- Ability to work under general direction.
Experience with Microsoft Office, SolidWorks or AutoCAD.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
- Fork Truck Accessories / Battery Extraction
- Steel Fabrication