Field Service Technician
Sackett Systems Field Service Technician supports overall operations by completing installation, advanced repairs, and routine maintenance of all Sackett Equipment. Works under supervision and selects from various established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Achieves technical expert status on all Sackett Battery Exchange Equipment.
- Leads (working manager) the installation and commissioning of Sackett Systems products and systems in customer locations, usually Distribution Centers or Manufacturing Facilities.
- Provides operator training to customer and dealer personnel.
- Provides routine preventative maintenance and repair training to customer and dealer personnel.
- Demonstrates excellent customer interaction and relation skills – even in stressful situations.
- Travels to customer facilities to carry out troubleshooting and repairs on Sackett Systems equipment.
- Provides customer and dealer maintenance and repair personnel with troubleshooting guidance in person, and / or over the phone.
- Performs routine and scheduled maintenance.
- Provides labor support for the factory when not engaged with customer or dealer service issues.
- THIS ROLE HAS A 50% – 75% OVERNIGHT TRAVEL REQUIREMENT
Job Requirements – Skills and Specifications
- Ability to work independently.
- Superior technical knowledge and aptitude.
- Excellent troubleshooting (technical logic) skills.
- Ability to read, interpret, understand and explain technical documentation such as electrical wiring schematics, blue prints, and mechanical drawings.
- Calm, logical, and analytical demeanor.
- Experience in the repair, maintenance, and installation of specialized machinery.
- Knowledge of and experience with hydraulic systems and electrical systems.
- Ability to handle frequent changes in priorities.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Good knowledge and skills with computers and electronic devices.
- Good skills at documenting and paperwork
- Ability and willingness to operate during off hours.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certificate or Associates Degree (Preferred)
- PLC MicroLogix Programming (Preferred)
Physical and Other Requirements
- Operate and use hand tools, power tools, and MHE on a regular basis
- Use arms / hands in repetitive motion during the day
- Ability to properly wear PPE for and extended time
- Required to wear steel toed shoes or boots
- Must have a clear driving record for 3 years
Sackett Systems offers a growing environment, competitive wages and excellent benefits including 401K. Email your resume and cover letter to: Careers@sackettsystems.com