Why Work Here?
“Sackett is a market leading material handling equipment manufacturer and has experienced a significant increase in sales.”
Sackett is a market leading material handling equipment manufacturer and has experienced a significant increase in sales and new product development. We are currently looking for talented individual to join our team as a Technical Buyer at our facility in Bensenville, IL.
We are looking for someone with a passion for implementing and sustaining lean manufacturing and change, as well as the ability to think strategically, solve problems, and drive quality and continuous improvement in our facility.
Responsibilities for the Technical Buyer:
- Negotiate pricing and utilize appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery and service
- Manage Buy-to-Order to meet production requirement
- Manage Buy-to-Stock with reduced cost and increased inventory turns being a priority
- Prepare outgoing/incoming freight documentation and schedule pickups
- Research, recruit and maintain suppliers that provide high quality products, services and favorable pricing while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct
- Develop and implement purchase timing strategies and action schedules evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors
- Establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Create, manage and expedite purchase orders; obtain Order Confirmations and ensure shipments and deliveries are timely and accurate
- Review documents, such as production schedules, to determine materials requirements or material priorities
- Requisition and maintain inventories of materials or supplies necessary to meet production demands
- Arrange for delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules
- Partner with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes
- Accountable for achievement of savings targets
- Planning and executing procurement action required to obtain material at the least possible cost to meet production schedules and engineering specifications as dictated by customer requirements.
- Monitoring material supply costs, availability, trends and lead times.
- Obtaining requested costs, delivery, status and other purchasing related information as requested.
Requirements for the Technical Buyer:
- 5 years of experience in a Procurement/Buyer role
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Negotiating skills
- Sourcing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with MRP software and ability to read Bill of Materials
- Good communication skills and ability to use Microsoft Word, Outlook
- Basic machining knowledge in order to communicate with vendors a plus
- Lean Manufacturing Experience desired
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME
Hours: 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Compensation: $55,000 to $70,000 Annually
Benefits offered: 401k, Dental, Medical, Vision
Sackett Systems offers a growing environment, competitive wages and excellent benefits including 401K. Email your resume and cover letter to: Careers@sackettsystems.com