Sackett is a market leading material handling equipment manufacturer and has experienced a significant increase in sales and new product development. We are currently looking for talented individual to join our team as a Assembly Associate at our facility in Bensenville, IL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical components to complete a high quality product for our customers in a timely manner.
- Tests final functionality and performance of product.
- Prepares assembled product for shipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance procedures on plant equipment.
- Performs plant building and equipment repairs as required.
- Performs layout functions as assigned.
- Cooperation: Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner. Establishes and maintains effective relations. Exhibits tact and consideration. Offers assistance and support to co-workers. Works actively to resolve conflicts. Works cooperatively in group situations.
- Dependability: Commits to doing the best job possible. Follows instruction. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Job Knowledge: Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Uses resources effectively.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Quality: Applies feedback to improve performance. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety & Security: Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines. Observes safety and security procedures. Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Read and interpret documents such as manufacturing drawings, bill of materials, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Speak effectively before supervisor and other employees.
- Mathematical Ability: Add and subtract two-digit numbers and multiply/divide with 10’s and 100’s. Performs these operations using units of currency, weight measurement, volume and distance. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram from. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: None
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Color Vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Sackett Systems offers a growing environment, competitive wages and excellent benefits including 401K.