The Customer Service Representative manages processes orders to cash process. This position helps with entering orders, modifies orders and invoices orders when product is shipped. The position utilizes multiple channels of communication (phone and email) for connecting with customers. This position is also responsible for following up with customers on payment inquiries to ensure Sackett receives the cash from the order shipped. In addition, this position woks with purchasing to answer vendor questions related to the orders that are processed. This position may receive customer complaints and must remain calm when customers are frustrated. Maintaining a positive, friendly, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times is critical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responding promptly to customer and dealer inquiries.
- Communicating with customers through various channels. (phone, email)
- Acknowledging and resolving customer and dealer complaints.
- Knowledgeable of our products so you can answer questions.
- Accurately processing orders, forms, applications, and requests.
- Sending order confirmations to customers and dealers
- Keeping records of customer and dealer interactions, transactions, comments and complaints.
- Communicating and coordinating with colleagues as necessary.
- Providing feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction through all interactions
- File and store required documents for future review or audits
- Post supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Resolving payment discrepancies and disputes on behalf of the company
- Answer vendor questions
- Assist Purchasing withe vendor payments if needed
- Prepare and send invoices to customers per their requirements (mail, email, electronic)
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Keeping track of assigned accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Planning course of action to recover outstanding payments
- Locating and contacting customers and dealers to inquire of their payment status
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Posting payments to customer accounts
- Organizing and filing deposit receipts as invoices are paid.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adaptability – Accepts criticism and feedback. Adapts to changes in the work environment. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Manages competing demands
- Communication – Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation – Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner. Establishes and maintains effective relations. Exhibits tact and consideration. Offers assistance and support to co-workers. Works actively to resolve conflicts. Works cooperatively in group situations.
- Customer Service – Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Dependability – Commits to doing the best job possible. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Problem solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent.
- Language Ability: Ability to stay calm when customers are stressed or upset.
- Mathematical Ability: Add and subtract two digit numbers and multiply/divide with 10’s and 100’s. Perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Reasoning Ability: Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook Adobe: PDF
- Certificates and Licenses: None
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Individual has their own work area with a computer and phone and plenty of room to layout out paper or books.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Sackett Systems offers a growing environment, competitive wages and excellent benefits including 401K. Email your resume and cover letter to: Careers@sackettsystems.com