Receives raw material and cuts, bends, punches and otherwise prepares the material for further processing. Completes work in a safe and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receives steel deliveries.
- Prepares material for next steps in manufacturing.
- Maintains stock of common parts used in manufacturing.
- Performs preventative maintenance procedures on equipment.
- Reading of bill of materials and drawings
- Work efficiently by using best practices, equipment and methods.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with policies, procedures, and rules.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Punches in and out of work orders accurately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Safety & Security: Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines. Observes safety and security procedures. Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Dependability: Commits to doing the best job possible. Follows instruction. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Job Knowledge: Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Uses resources effectively.
- Quality: Applies feedback to improve performance. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Cooperation: Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner. Establishes and maintains effective relations. Exhibits tact and consideration. Offers assistance and support to co-workers. Works actively to resolve conflicts. Works cooperatively in group situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Read and interpret documents such as manufacturing drawings, bill of materials, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Speak effectively before supervisor and other employees.
Add and subtract two-digit numbers and multiply/divide with 10’s and 100’s. Perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume and distance. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates and Licenses:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Color Vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Sackett Systems offers a growing environment, competitive wages and excellent benefits including 401K.