Sackett is a market leading material handling equipment manufacturer and has experienced a significant increase in sales and new product development. We are currently looking for talented individual to join our team as a Light Assembly Associate at our facility in Bensenville, IL.
We are looking for someone with a passion for implementing and sustaining lean manufacturing and change, as well as the ability to think strategically, solve problems, and drive quality and continuous improvement in our facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles manufactured parts such as axles, rollers to complete a high-quality product for your customers in a timely manner.
- Assembles Charger and Battery stands by placing rollers, flip up stops, Unistrut and PDP panels as required per the customer requirements.
- Tests final functionality and performance of product.
- Prepares assembled product for shipment.
- Works with other team members to assemble products as directed.
- Keeps a clean and tidy workspace.
- Meets all the safety requirements of the company.
- Acts as backup for Shipping/Receiving Clerk.
- Adaptability: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities.
- Cost Consciousness: Works within approved budget. Develops and implements cost saving measures. Contributes to profits and revenue. Conserves organizational resources.
- Dependability: Commits to doing the best job possible. Follows instruction. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Quality: Applies feedback to improve performance. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Read and interpret documents such as manufacturing drawings, bill of materials, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Speak effectively before supervisor and other employees
- Mathematical Ability: Add and subtract two-digit numbers and multiply/divide with 10’s and 100’s. Performs these operations using units of currency, weight measurement, volume and distance. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram from. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Color Vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Sackett Systems offers a growing environment, competitive wages and excellent benefits including 401K.