Promotes Sackett business relationships with our dealer network to increase sales. Provides consultative selling services to meet customer’s needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generates and develops new business to meet specified production goals.
- Maintains and nurtures existing dealer relationships.
- Responds to all inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepares and presents sales proposals.
- Plans and manages sales territory.
- Understands and communicates information regarding company products, services, policies and procedures to new and existing clients.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of Battery Exchange and Forklift industry product information.
- Continually gathers information on competition, prevalent industry, and business climate within the area of responsibility; communicates information to management and others as needed.
- Negotiates contracts and work agreements.
- Ensures that all required dealer paperwork is complete, accurate, and submitted on time.
- Provides timely and accurate reports as required.
- Attends and participates in business/trade events that impact business unit.
- Attends and participates in team strategic sales meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Problem Solving–Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service–Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Written Communication–Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Business Acumen–Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Strategic Thinking–Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Professionalism–Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent, one to two years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a self-starter and proactive.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Excellent problem resolution and consultative sales skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Netsuite proficiency preferred; but not required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level is generally moderate. Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed, proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used is required. Work schedule is dependent upon customer and project needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Sackett Systems offers a growing environment, competitive wages and excellent benefits including 401K. Email your resume and cover letter to: Careers@sackettsystems.com