Sackett Systems is currently seeking a full-time Inside Sales Representative to join our team in Bensenville, IL, conveniently located near O’Hare Airport. An Inside Sales Representative is an integral part of our Sales team, being a customer focused technical expert of high-quality, robust battery changing equipment and systems.
Inside Sales representative will be primarily responsible for answering inbound dealer questions for proposals and solutions. Individuals will manage dealer relations while supporting field representatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Be the technical expertise regarding our product to ensure solutions meet customer needs.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Support and follow up on marketing campaigns
- Continuously improve through feedback
This position reports to the Director of Sales
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Achievement Focus– Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Communications– Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Managing Customer Focus– Develops new approaches to meeting customer needs. Establishes customer service standards. Monitors customer satisfaction. Promotes customer focus. Provides training in customer service delivery.
- Sales Skills – Achieves sales goals. Initiates new contacts. Maintains customer satisfaction. Maintains records and promptly submits information. Overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence.
- Planning & Organization – Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Skill & Knowledge
- Must be able to communicate with others
- Must be able to follow and understand instructions
- Ability to work in a team environment and be a team player
- Ability to read, understand, and follow blueprints
- Attention to detail
- Must have a strong willingness to learn
- Must be able to work with little supervision
Employment Type & Work Environment
- Full-time; 8 hour day Monday – Friday.
- Office environment
- No direct reports
Sackett Systems offers excellent benefits including competitive wages, 8 paid holidays, PTO, health insurance and 401K.
Sackett Systems provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Sackett is committed to taking affirmative action to ensure that qualified females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities can pursue equal employment opportunities.
Sackett Systems is a company that designs, engineers, and manufactures battery changing and material handling equipment. In business since 1897, we are an innovator who pioneered the battery changing industry developing the first lifting beam, transfer cart, and operator aboard system (Hydra-Handler).
Ruggedly built to efficiently move industrial forklift batteries, our equipment, storage systems and related solutions maximize productivity and minimize downtime in your warehouse. We engineer the most durable products and use the highest quality materials resulting in a best-in-industry reputation for reliability, serviceability, and superior customer service, worldwide. Our valued customers include world class companies in the automotive, retail, distribution, grocery, and food processing industries.