“Sackett is a market leading material handling equipment manufacturer and has experienced a significant increase in sales.”
Sackett is a market leading material handling equipment manufacturer and has experienced a significant increase in sales and new product development. We are currently looking for talented individual to join our team as a Technical Buyer at our facility in Bensenville, IL.
We are looking for someone with a passion for implementing and sustaining lean manufacturing and change, as well as the ability to think strategically, solve problems, and drive quality and continuous improvement in our facility.
- Negotiate pricing and utilize appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery and service
- Manage Buy-to-Order to meet production requirement
- Manage Buy-to-Stock with reduced cost and increased inventory turns being a priority
- Prepare outgoing/incoming freight documentation and schedule pickups
- Research, recruit and maintain suppliers that provide high quality products, services and favorable pricing while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct
- Develop and implement purchase timing strategies and action schedules evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors
- Establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Create, manage and expedite purchase orders; obtain Order Confirmations and ensure shipments and deliveries are timely and accurate
- Review documents, such as production schedules, to determine materials requirements or material priorities
- Requisition and maintain inventories of materials or supplies necessary to meet production demands
- Arrange for delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules
- Partner with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes
- Accountable for achievement of savings targets
- Planning and executing procurement action required to obtain material at the least possible cost to meet production schedules and engineering specifications as dictated by customer requirements.
- Monitoring material supply costs, availability, trends and lead times.
- Obtaining requested costs, delivery, status and other purchasing related information as requested.
Requirements for the Technical Buyer:
- 5 years of experience in a Procurement/Buyer role
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Negotiating skills
- Sourcing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with MRP software and ability to read Bill of Materials
- Good communication skills and ability to use Microsoft Word, Outlook
- Basic machining knowledge in order to communicate with vendors a plus
- Lean Manufacturing Experience desired
Sackett Systems offers a growing environment, competitive wages and excellent benefits including 401K.